Sunday, November 16, 2008

Giving Thanks on Thanksgiving

I have no greater joy than to know that my children walk in the admonition of the Lord. I am grateful. I love all four from the depths of my very being. They have all married wonderful chosen spouses whom they love and whom I love too, and my grandchildren are a delight in my "old" age.

I am grateful that like Nephi I was born of goodly parents, reared in the church, and taught the ways of the Lord and loved by a mother and father and sisters. I miss my parents but their example and teachings guides my footsteps today. I am thankful for sisters and a stepmom who give me a family to belong to and love to share throughout my life.

A wonderful and loving husband shares my journey onward through whatever joys and challenges we may face. I know he loves me and he leads and blesses me by priesthood power. His kindness and patience sustain and fortify our marriage for eternity.

Many times I have rued the day computers came into my life because they seem so complicated, but today I am grateful that they have made genealogical research so much easier. In the last week I was able to have 48 baptisms and confirmations done and 15 sealings for my ancestors because of the greater ease in finding what needs to be done through the church's new Family Search program. Though much work remains, I am grateful to be trusted with this awesome responsibility.

This Thanksgiving is the 85th birthday of my mother-in-law. I would like to say I am thankful for her and the patience and loves she gives to me. She is a great example of all the good things I hope I can learn to be. She must have been a great mother as she raised 10 children who all remain true and faithful. Her son, my husband is so like his mother in many aspects and they both continue to bless my life with a better vision and greater understanding of how to become Christlike. I love you Mom!

4 comments:

Neener Dog said...

Oh, that's so sweet! I'm going to have to do a blog on what I'm thankful for too.

Kristin said...

It too am inspired by your blog. Thanks for the kind words. I want to do the same. I am very thankful for you too!

Rebekah said...

Amen! Those are great thoughts about what constitutes true happiness and fulfillment in life. I'm glad the grandchildren give you joy in your 'old' age since I know the children gave you such grief growing up. ;)

TimS said...

And we all married spouses that do a much better job than we do with reading other people's blogs. ;^)