Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Forever Is Not Long At All. . .


when I'm with you. On Saturday, the 24th, we will have been married 39 years. That might seem, and sometimes does, like a long time. As I look back over those years, I realize they have flown by "on wings of lightning".

I marvel in the gift of the spouse God has given me. I know I must have done something good, or that God had seen some potential there, because I have married someone far better than myself.

Although he sleeps through Church, Tim seems to be much more connected with real spirituality than I have yet learned to be. He honors his priesthood by persuasion and never compulsion, while on the other hand, I am often stubborn, unbending, and contentious. Still he manages to endure all my faults and continues to love me.

Tim is a great protector, provider, and example for me, for our children, and for everyone who knows him. His leadership is subtle but his loving care keeps me from falling off the path. If I am weak and would sleep in rather than study scriptures, he is there to turn on the light and begin.

He gently pushes me to learn new things by saying "come here let me show you this. . .", or by buying me gifts such as the new GPS for our car. He shares his talents by inviting students or friends to come over and play Wii or Rock Band with him, then loaning them some of his toys so they can use them at home too.

Yes, forever is not very long when there's someone you can do everything with or nothing with and there are no awkward silences. Our loves grows stronger because he nurtures it so well. Happy Anniversary Hubby! I love you forever and ever!!

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

That is such a sweet tribute. I am so happy you two got married and had children so I could marry one of them. You did an amazing job raising your children and are a source of inspiration for us. Thank you.

Kristin said...

I second that motion. Also, could I copy your blog, just the first paragraph or two, before you mention gifts he got you and inviting students? Up until than, I wouldn't have to change a thing, not even the name. Heh Heh Heh. Tim Jr. is a chip off both of the old blocks I guess. Happy Anniversary Guys! I love you both dearly!