Thursday, July 24, 2008

The birthday girl

Wow, what a party today has been. Today I turn 59. Timothy and Kristin and Amber and Sandi paid for lunch at Tucanos Brazilian restaurant where we had so many things to eat I'm stuffed. The waiters played their Brazilian drums and made me stand up while they sang. I was supposed to dance while they sang , but afterall I was holding Topaz and it was a little embarrassing in the crowded room. Then we polayed arcade games at Trafalga and right now Timothy and Amber are upstairs creating some birthday cake masterpiece surprise (while Sandi copped out of the festivities and went to see Batman's Dark Knight movie by himself at Scera theater)
The presents have been phenomenal too, including a new phone, books, candy, charm bracelets, foil scraper art, and lots of fun stuff. Thanks everybody, it has been a great day, even if I am getting old.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Thanks for letting us share your birthday with you. We love you! Happy Birthday! Don't worry about getting "old". You have done a lot of great things with your life (like raise me an awesome husband) and with your great attitude and energy I know you have a LOT more successes ahead of you!

Rebekah said...

Your celebration sounds so fun. I wish we could have been there for it. You have had an amazing life and you have four mission-served, temple-married children as a result. I'm curious to know more about the birthday cake item that Timothy and Amber were working on. I'm sure it was delicious and hilarious. We love you and can't wait to see you all soon!