Thursday, November 26, 2009

Laus Deo


Laus Deo translates to"Praise be to God" These words are inscribed on the top of the Washington Monument. They seem particularly appropriate for Thanksgiving Day. We should thank God in all things. I am especially thankful for the redemption wrought by Jesus Christ for me and for the restoration of the gospel in these latter days. I am thankful for my husband and my children and their families and my siblings. You(my family) are the reason I am a happy person and have a fulfilled life. It's nice to be alive this year as last year at this time I almost wasn't. Each day is a gift that I should try much harder not to waste.

I am richly blessed to be born in this free land and I hope and pray that we will recognize our role in keeping it free by obeying the laws of the God of the land, even Jesus Christ. I am thankful for a prophet and scriptures to help us find our way through the mists of darkness and the deceptions of the evil one. Thanksgiving the "Feast of the Harvest" is held in appreciation for daily bread. We are very blessed to not be hungry, and in fact today I feel totally stuffed. God is good to us.

Even when we have trials, He makes a way for us to bear those challenges. He protects us and guides us as long as we will listen and follow Him. I am thankful I know He loves me.

No comments: