Friday, December 5, 2008

I am the Bunny


While you may wish you were the Bunny, I am the Bunny- the energizer bunny , and I will keep going and going and going.

My recovery from surgery is progressing rapidly and later this week they'll let me drive again. I'm adjusting to life with a pacemaker and have learned some things, or at least I hope I have.
1. I can't control everything and I should quit trying, relax, let God help, and enjoy the journey.
2. People really do care. Put a sling on your arm for a few days and suddenly people offer to carry things, open doors, etc. Meals were brought in and phone calls were received. Love, concern, and support abounded all around.
3. I really only have one body and I ought to try a little harder to take care of it. Medical advancements are amazing, but natural good health should not be squandered.
4. I already knew God loved me, but once again He has confirmed it. I am awed by Him.

(note: Sorry-that whole "wish you were the bunny" reference is an inside family joke)

4 comments:

Neener Dog said...

Yeah, yeah, sure you are, and apparently Peter is "Spring Mario" too. Ha!

Kristin said...

Appearently you are also Thomas S. Monson, based on writing style of point #2 "Meals were brought in and phone calls were received. Love, concern, and support abounded all around." Similar style wouldn't you say? It is a joy whenever someone gets stronger faith and gratitude in the face of a trial. So inspirational. Thanks for inspiring me with your example.

Rona said...

I was so thrilled to see you have a blog. I have one also...I will send you an invitation as mine is a private one. You look great in your picture. I can't believe you had surgery...I'm so grateful you are doing well. Rona Jurgens

Debbie Howell said...

wow! Life never is dull is it? Bob broke 8 ribs in August right before Julie's reception in Bluffdale Utah...He was on a 4 wheeler and it went one way and he hit the dirt. It could have been worse, like paralysis or punctured lung..but nothing like that happened. It only hurts when he breathes! He was on short term disability for 2 months. He has just gone back to work full time. He is still sore, but glad he is healing. Good to get your Christmas Card. Debbie Howell